GordonFA

Books Are Like Ships

“So Matilda’s strong young mind continued to grow, nurtured by the voices of all those authors who had sent their books out into the world like ships on the sea.” - Roald Dahl

Erik Larson
Winter's Tale
Mark Helprin
Cleopatra: A Life
Stacy Schiff
Attention All Passengers: The Airlines' Dangerous Descent---and How to Reclaim Our Skies
William J. McGee
Peril at End House: A Hercule Poirot Mystery (Hercule Poirot Mysteries)
Agatha Christie
Cloud Atlas
David Mitchell

Three Lives, One Exceptional Story

A Yellow Raft in Blue Water - Michael Dorris

If I were ever asked what my favorite book is, my answer would be "A Yellow Raft In Blue Water."  I read this book as a child in high school and I can still remember the impact this book had on me many years later.

A beautiful book about the relationships people can have with family and with complete strangers, and how the relationships with both groups can have lasting effects, both positive and negative, on us as we progress with life.  It's also a book about how a person's life can be affected in ways unknown to the person by the actions of family members who came before.

Beautifully written with three wonderful leading characters, I highly recommend this book to those looking for a book that touches you deeply.